8.05.2005

All Smiles

















While I didn't get my wish to see the two cowboys on horseback, they appeared to enjoy each other's company in the heat. However, as stated by the Miami Herald, Uribe did not achieve his main aim: to win approval for the Justice and Peace Law. For now, it would appear that lobbying from Human Rights Watch and Amnesty has achieved some trepidation. Nevertheless, I would argue that reservations within Congress probably have more to do with Bush's reluctance to fully embrace the plan, due to its limits on extradition for drug traffickers.

Comments:
Can you explain the photo?
 
I had linked to another picture, which apparently changed, since it was on the El Espectador website. I fixed it now, hopefully it won't change.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?